Evie's Reviews > Daimon

Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Nov 04, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, amazing-epic-and-awesome

Remember when you read The Angel Experiment for the first time? (I'm assuming you've read it because MR is awesome and Goodreads people are awesome so you must be acquainted :))
I know a lot of people complain about the plot in the MR series but pu that aside for a moment. Think about what made you fall in love with Max. Her wit, quick temper, feisty attitude, soft side you rarely saw, the fact that she had been through a heck of a lot, and a narrative that left you rolling with laughter.
You love Alex in the same way. She's been through so much and she doesn't understand any of it and yet.:.she held it together. She didn't fall apart. She didn't break. Even though she had every right to and there was every reason for her to. Those are the characters that somehow are always the most impacting. The ones that understand that the earth is still moving even though their world just ended.
Alex was hilarious! And at the most unexpected times. I would be all into a scene and the tension and she would spout off a wise crack that would make me laugh out loud at the unexpectedness of her awesome sense of humor. It was refreshing because she could have been one of those surly, depressed, mad-at-the-world characters because honestly, her life definitely wasn't playing out the way she could have ever expected. But she was bigger than that. Bigger than her circumstances, and bigger than the world that tried to tear her down.
Add to all that the fact that this series is shaping up to have an amazing plot (plus a rather hot guy) and is written amazingly awesome...well it makes this a series that is destined to be epic.
I'm onto Half-Blood now and can't wait to see where Ms. Armentrout takes us, and Alex, next! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daimon.