Ben Richardson's Reviews > Only Way To Stop Smoking Permanently

Only Way To Stop Smoking Permanently by Allen Carr

Nov 13, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from November 06 to 13, 2011

I had previously read Mr. Carrs other book (The Easyway to Stop Smoking) and gave up sucessfully for 1 month. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of having one cigarette, that led to another and the another and I found my self smoking again. However, I was still going round pushing the benefits of the book (!), after all, Mr Carr told me that having just 1 more cigarette would mean the cycle would start again. He was right.

I therefore took the plunge and bought this book. I took about 1 week to read it - lots of chapters & small print, and as other people have mention he does go on a bit, plus the knowledge that once I got to the end I would no longer smoke did not make it compelling reading.

Read this book and TRUST it. All the way through I was reading and believing BUT still thinking that I would need patches or something to get through the "terrible withdrawal pangs" I would undoubtedly SUFFER - but there really are no withdrawal pangs. Giving up REALLY IS EASY (and I've been smoking for more years than I care to admit - I am {WAS} "MR ADDICTED". I know what you're thinking - I used to think that way too! PLEASE BELIEVE ME AND TRUST IN ALLEN CARR - IF I CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN. I am now a VERY HAPPY, NON-PANGING (?) NON-SMOKER! And I am so much richer too!
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only Way To Stop Smoking Permanently.

11/07/2011 page 43
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Congratulations Ben! That is fantastic:D I know you can remain 'smoke free'. Well done, your health and wallet will benefit enormously:)

Michelle Geaney well done!!!! I am reading the shortened version again. I was off them for 1 month. had 2 MENTHOLS [well its better than normals thought I] after a week wanted another and now Im addicted to the menthols. What he says about the 1 is completely right.

Michelle Geaney PS It was really easy to quit! I feel stupid coz i failed and in my head why bother coz ill fail again....but reading allen carr im getting there.

message 4: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Congrats Michelle...keep persevering...you'll get there! It's a fantastic effort, you have my (and many others, I'm sure) full support!

message 5: by Ben (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ben Richardson I wish I'd gave away the smokes years ago, I fell so much better now.

message 6: by Brenda (new)

Brenda That's great Ben! Extremely worth while for sure!

Michelle Geaney Thanks Brenda! I appreciate that. Well done Ben. You feel better in yourself as well don't ya.