Matt Graham's Reviews > Million-Dollar Throw

Million-Dollar Throw
Mike Lupica
Sports fiction
Review by Matt Graham

The book Million-Dollar Throw by Mike Lupica is a good, well written book. The story is about a kid named Nate Brodie, he plays QuarterBack for his middle school football team. He is a hard working kid who does what ever he has to do to be the best he can. Nate is a huge Tom Brady fan and found a signed football at his local sports store.He saved all his money and finally saved enough for the ball. When he got the to store there was a contest up on the wall called the Million-Dollar Throw. Nate’s best friend Abby knew he could make the throw and signed him up. He won the drawing and was picked to make the throw at the Patriots half time for there thanksgiving game. While all this is going on Nate learns that his parents are struggling with money and his best friend Abby is starting to lose her sight. Can Nate keep it together with all this pressure and the chance of helping his friend and parents?
I think this is a great book. I’m not a reader so its hard for me to find something that I actually like to read. Mike Lupica did well with the theme of the book. I like how its based on sports and he adds some drama to it to keep it interesting. The end was great it was really exciting, that last few chapters you couldn’t stop you just had to know if he made the Million-Dollar Throw.
I would have to give this book a 5 out 5 for a rating. He did a very good job writing this book especially the ending. It is a good because when you though there was nothing else to the story line something new would happen with Nate. The Million-Dollar Throw is a great example of what hard work can bring you.

Lupica, Mike. Million-Dollar Throw. New York: Philomel Books, 244.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Million-Dollar Throw.