Gary's Reviews > Alien in the Family

Alien in the Family by Gini Koch

Dec 25, 11

Read from December 23 to 25, 2011

Amazing as usual. I had high expectations and wasn't let down at all!

Gini Koch is like, my favourite author ever. Seriously, I enjoyed this series immensely. Every single book from it (so far). And I'm very much certain I'd love the next 2 books for sure.

"Alien in the Family" carries on where "Alien Tango" left off -- where Jeff and Kitty are getting married amidst an interplanetary war, one with not-so-friendly extraterrestrial Amazonian terrorists. All because of the fact that Jeff is next in line to become Emperor on his home world, Alpha Centauri.

Everytime when I've finished a book from this series, I die a little inside. I've always gushed how wonderful this series is, and this book is no exception.

A main highlight from the third book of this series was the EPIC -- and I do mean EPIC in capital letters -- battle between Centaurion Division and the Amazonian terrorists. Okay, maybe not as big a scale as that in the first book with the monsters, but this battle here still encompassed a full-fledged fight not unlike that in the movie "Avatar".

Another fantastic highlight was the wedding between Jeff and Kitty of course!! To be honest, I did enjoy reading about the wedding preparations and the works, even if I'm a guy. Koch sure did not do a slipshod work on the anticipated wedding, I tell you.

I know I always, always, ALWAYS gush about the characters in the Alien series. Just because they are awesome as usual. I appreciated Koch's development on the relationships among the characters in this book, in particular. There is much more emotional stuff going on, which I felt is indeed necessary so that we understand the characters in greater depth.

Other than that, it's all action, climaxes, suspense, problem-solving and sex (duh!) with Katherine "Kitty" Katt. "Alien Proliferation", I'm coming for you!!! :D
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alien in the Family.

12/24/2011 page 172
38.0% "i love hanging with the crew!"
12/25/2011 page 457
100.0% "my favourite from the series so far!! :D"