Mieczyslaw Kasprzyk's Reviews > People of the Nightland

People of the Nightland by W. Michael Gear

Nov 11, 11

bookshelves: ancient-world, fiction, historical-fiction, native-americans
Read from November 04 to 11, 2011

The world is falling apart, all is out of balance.Men grasp for power using spiritual leaders as their unknowing puppets. Religious wars have broken out... there is genocide. "Lebensraum" is the excuse. It is a time of great change and nothing, after this , will ever be the same again.
Sound familiar?
One of the great disappointments in my life is that I will never know... the past is a closed country and the answers to all my questions have dissolved into the wind. Historical fiction at least gives me some semblance of what it might have been like, especially when it is written by people who know their facts. The Gears are such a couple. They know their ancient Native Americans and can provide us with that glimpse. What results in an imaginative and exciting, highly readable and gripping page-turner. I do have reservations about the spiritual aspects when the spirits are given a "reality" (I don't believe God plays games - he doesn't interfere) but I'm prepared to put up with that minor "flaw". The landscape and the characters are real enough for me.
This one comes highly recommended.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read People of the Nightland.