Bri Clark's Reviews > Pyxis: The Discovery

Pyxis by K.C. Neal

Nov 04, 11

True Young Adult lit stay's true to the age of it's characters but respects the intelligence of the youth today. Pyxis is one of those books that are so popular in YA right now crossing genre's so subtlety at times you can't tell and at others jumping up and demanding you recognize if for the tone it's set. Elements like emotion manipulating liquids in the form of food coloring used at a bake sale, dreams and nightmares of prophesy and warnings, and magical lands make it clear this is paranormal. Paranormal at it's finest I might add. But then there are the other subtle genre's thrown in. You'll have to read it and look to find out what I mean.

Neal's ability to stay true to the characters created, like how Corinne is indeed loving but also young making sometimes irrational decisions, is solid through out the novel. The alternate world for me was an amazing piece, reminding me of The Neverending Story in it's vivid descriptions and conflict for the protagonist.

Pyxis is a definite 5 star read and I was glad to recieve it from the author and participate in this blog tour.

Side note: Phatpuppy art created the cover. The same amazing artist who works for Amanda Hocking and impresses her fans daily on Facebook.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pyxis.