Sorcha's Reviews > Intensity

F 50x66
Nov 04, 11

bookshelves: 2007
Read in January, 2000

When Chyna's friend Laura is abducted, Chyna's instinct is to follow her attacker. Not knowing Laura is already dead, Chyna risks her life to save her friend. When Chyna herself becomes trapped, her first instinct is to get out alive, until she learns the identity of the killer's next victim.[return][return]I've successfully avoided Koontz books before, and I dont think I will be rushing out to buy the next one.[return][return]I wasnt in the right mindset for this one, obviously, as I rapidly got bored with it, and found little to reengage me with it.[return][return]The main female character - who has a history of abusive "uncles" - is left alone in a house after the other residents are killed, including her best friend. After hitching a lift on the mobile home the killer is driving, she manages to escape the vehicle, without being seen, and takes refuge in the convenience store, also without being seen. She then *follows him back* into the mobile home, having taken the cashier's gun, without noticing that the gunman has pulled down the cashier's trousers and emptied the gun into his backside. She only finds this out when she tries to fire at him, and naturally all the bullets have been used up. Oh for crying out loud!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intensity.