Brenda's Reviews > It's Murder, My Son

It's Murder, My Son by Lauren Carr

Aug 12, 2015

bookshelves: mystery, own-read, read-on-kindle
Read from August 11 to 12, 2015 — I own a copy

After discovering that the famed mystery writer Robin Spencer was his mother, Mac Faraday was shocked to also learn of her death. But the inheriting of her millions which included Spencer Manor and Spencer Inn in the town of Spencer meant Mac would no longer be a penniless ex-homicide detective struggling to survive the results of a messy divorce.

Arriving in town to take up his inheritance, he found that there had been a murder near his new home – Katrina Singleton, wealthy and single, had been brutally killed three months previously and her death had not been solved. As Mac found himself drawn into the mysteries in Spencer, he discovered there were more twists and secrets than he’d come across in a long time. And when more bodies turned up and the suspects multiplied, Mac knew he had to dig deeply to find answers. His late mother’s journal proved to be a godsend as his detective skills were put to the test…

With the help of Archie, who was Robin’s assistant and Gnarly, the ex-military German Shepherd along with David who was a local detective, Mac realized the secrets and lies that they were uncovering were leading toward a killer who would do anything to keep his or her identity hidden. Would they find the killer before it was too late?

I quite enjoyed this light mystery featuring ex-detective Mac Faraday. There were a lot of characters to keep up with, but after the first few chapters I had no trouble. The pace was fast and the plot interesting - my favourite character would have to be Gnarly! It’s Murder My Son is the first in the Mac Faraday mystery series and I have no hesitation in recommending it.
17 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Murder, My Son.

08/11/2015 marked as: currently-reading
08/12/2015 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Susan (last edited Aug 13, 2015 05:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan Great review. Kindle has this on sale for $.99 with audible add for $2.99. Thanks, it might be a fun series.

message 2: by Frances (new)

Frances Susan wrote: "Great review. Kindle has this on sale for $.99 with audible add for $2.99. Thanks, it might be a fun series."

Nice review Brenda. It does look intriguing, and good to know it's on sale - thanks Susan.

Susan :)

message 4: by Brenda (last edited Aug 13, 2015 09:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brenda Susan wrote: "Great review. Kindle has this on sale for $.99 with audible add for $2.99. Thanks, it might be a fun series."

Thanks Susan:) I agree - a nice light-hearted series!

Brenda Frances wrote: "Susan wrote: "Great review. Kindle has this on sale for $.99 with audible add for $2.99. Thanks, it might be a fun series."

Nice review Brenda. It does look intriguing, and good to know it's on s..."

Thanks Frances:)