Charlotte Abel's Reviews > Return To Middle C

Return To Middle C by Gregory Shultz

Nov 03, 11

I first met Greg on Twitter back when I had MAYBE three followers. I was impressed by his kindness (He even followed me back). I decided to read his book, "Return to Middle C" even though it isn't a young adult paranormal romance. It's not paranormal or even a normal romance since the male protagonist isn't the typical heart rate increasing heavy breath inducing fantasy fueling hunk of male hotness.
But I still empathized with him.

If I had to classify this story, I'd say it was mainstream literary fiction. Lot's of metaphores and artistic phrases. But since I don't usually read mainstream literary fiction, I can't say for sure. (I've been up for 39 hours -and counting-so please excuse my lack of focus).

What I liked about this story was the honesty of the raw emotion. The journey from despair to hope and finally redemption felt very real to me. I could feel the love this man had for his son and my heart ached for him when he lost him.

Be sure to read this book with a box of tissues in easy reach. You're gonna need them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Return To Middle C.