Zoe Haverstein's Reviews > Wicked Lovely

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Nov 03, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2009, read-in-2011, audiobooks, reviewed-2011
Read in December, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 2

I originally read this book in 2009 and decided to revisit the series from the start before reading the final book. This second "read" was actually a listen on audio. I enjoyed it this time as much as the first.

I love Marr's writing style and use of language. Her words captivate me and really enhance the world-building. I am always hesitant about stories where faeries are in the human world, but invisible. However, in Wicked Lovely, Marr integrates the different characters and bridges the human and fairy worlds perfectly.

The time Marr spends describing and educating us about the fae really made the story come alive. This is where I feel the writing is truly beautiful and vibrant.

The assortment of characters to become invested in kept the pacing steady for me. I like that Marr treats the secondary characters with the same attentiveness as the primary. The relationship between characters is well developed, but not predictable. While the love triangle has been done often, this relationship between Aislinn, Seth, and Keenan is unique.

Wicked Lovely is a strong beginning to the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Lovely.