RYCJ's Reviews > Sh*t My Dad Says

Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern

Nov 03, 11

bookshelves: good-rainy-day-reads, my-keepers, dynamic-reads
Read in November, 2011

At least my comments here won’t be lengthy, because I’m joining the ranks of readers who loved this book. From my window it’s entertaining, solid good parenting, superbly written, and peel me off the floor smart fun humor. I’m going to go on and even say this is so far, by far the most humorous book I’ve ever read.

Just a few of my favorites; “Behave oneself,” I cried laughing throughout. “Not to be a GD liar,” immensely powerful, and add on the delirious hilarity here too. “Joey’s Happy Birthday,” ‘ole dad is right there again, unleashing another anchor of wisdom. Every chapter prescribes valuable life-long sedimentary lessons, none more so touching than “At the end of the day…” prescribed none other than by altruistic dad who does not miss on another timeless delivery in this heartwarming ending.

Advice to anyone who has not read this one. It will be hard not to relate. Harder not to appreciate. And impossible to get by the irrepressible enlightenment which just so happens to be funny as you-know-what! One of my top book selections this year!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sh*t My Dad Says.