Jessica (a GREAT read)'s Reviews > The Hollows Insider

The Hollows Insider by Kim Harrison

Nov 14, 11

Read from November 09 to 14, 2011

I haven't ever really read a "world book" before, but once I heard Kim Harrison was working on one for her Hollows series, I knew I had to have it! Since she was one of the first authors I read when I crossed over from the YA section (and before going back!)! The Hollows Insider was truly a must-read for all Kim Harrison fans!!

There's no plot or storyline really, but that doesn't detract from the marvelous writing Kim did! There are tons of things to read, emails, journal entries, textbook excerpts, and other little mish-mash of things. All of it feeling and reading like the actual thing; email, journal entry, textbooks, etc. You could say that this book was written by Devin Crossman, the journalist who made living hard for Rachel, and in a way it's true. We have here all things Devin collected in order to put shame to Rachel's good name.

It was interesting reading some of his journal entries, since he was "the enemy" in some ways. But it basically gave the reader a magnificent back-story to things. And a good history lesson in some of the other things mentioned in the Hollows books! The recipe for Brimstone cookies is even in it! Along with spells Rachel has cast and even some of the demon spells!

Overall a fabulous read! I highly recommend this to any and all Holllows fans! You will not want to miss out on this one! A word of warning to newbie fans though, you might not want to read this until you've read all the books because there are some spoiler hints dropped. You won't get the full story naturally, but there are spoilers if you aren't up to date.

Overall rating 5/5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hollows Insider.