Melissa's Reviews > Temptation's Kiss

Temptation's Kiss by Sandra Brown

Nov 06, 11

Read from November 03 to 06, 2011

Before I "review", I'd like to first mention that this was the very first audio book I have ever listened to and that this is only the second time I have read a romance novel of this type (i.e. Harlequin-like).

With that being said, my review will be based mostly on how the book made me feel and honestly, I can't recall a time a book had me full out laughing and giggling. Now this book was in no way meant to be funny. It was supposed to be a tantalizing developing relationship between Meghan and Josh. I guess in fact it was, but what had me laughing was the reader on this audio tape. She had a quirky pronunciation that I couldn't quite place. Her breathy, sensual voice had me giggling as well as the voice she used for Josh. Instead of sounding deep and sexy, she sounded like a winded, aged man.

The flowery overusage of adjectives and descriptive words seemed flat out silly. Perhaps this is how all books in this genre are? Again, I don't have any comparison.

The story was fine, all in all, it just played out to me so ridiculous - like a soap opera. I did have a great three-hours listening to the audio cd's this week though. My drive to and from work had never been so full of laughter.

This was a bonus gift given as part of a Goodreads.com giveaway for Sandra Brown's "The Alibi".

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temptation's Kiss.