Harmony Beaufort's Reviews > A Need So Beautiful

A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young

F 50x66
Nov 03, 2011

A Need So Beautiful is the story of Charlotte, who is one of the “Forgotten”, forced by a compulsion to help people around her and make the ones she loves forget about her. The more she responds to the need, the more her family and friends forget little things, then big things altogether.

Absolutely stunning. Suzanne Young blends angelic traits and her own amazing ideas to get this fabulous novel about want and need. I couldn’t put the book down! Suzanne has a way of writing that connects everything together sooner or later, as long as you keep reading. And trust me, you will!

Charlotte was a great main character. I felt so heart broken for her and really understood her compulsion to help people in their time of need. Plus, she was funny and so sweet that you couldn’t help not liking her! Her best friend was shallow at times, but that was the point. Who doesn’t have a friend like that? But you love them anyway.

I loved the romance (tried so hard not to mention Harlin until now). I loved how genuine and intense their relationship was, especially since they hadn’t just met over the course of the book, but had been dating for over two years when you start reading. Which, in itself, is pretty rare since when YA girls have boyfriends, the “new boy” comes along, so that was refreshing! Harlin was sweet and caring and definitely a badass with a warm heart. Their relationship flowed perfectly with the story, and one couldn’t have worked without the other.

And yes, I cried at the end, because I’m a sap. And I have no idea how I’m going to wait for A Want So Wicked with an ending like that!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Need So Beautiful.