Harmony Beaufort's Reviews > The Hourglass Door

The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum

F 50x66
Nov 03, 2011

it was ok

This was a book that I had put off reading for a while, mostly because the cover didn't really grab at my attention until I saw the book trailer (which i'll put down below because it is awesome.) But sadly, this book was a "meh" for me.

One thing I wasn't too much of a fan was of Abby, at least in the beginning. I completely understood the fact that she felt her relationship with Jason withering and Lisa made a good job of it throughout the beginning of the book, but really, did the friendship that they had have to disappear too? I mean, they had been friends for years! And she doesn't even try, which really did bug me. But as soon as Dante appeared, that wasn't even on her mind.

I liked the characters, especially Leo! I liked all the plot twists that concerned him as well as how much he cared for Dante. I loved Lisa's writing style and my favorite part had to be the whole concept of time travel! As you know, I love time travel and all it's complicated shenanigans so I loved hearing about it in the book! And especially how it dated all the way back into Dante's past! As for Abby and Dante's relationship...cute. Really, that's all I can say about it, I didn't get enough time to really love them in The Hourglass Door.

Overall, it was a good read, but it failed to totally grab me in a way that would really make me connect with the characters and the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hourglass Door.