Carrie Hinkel-Gill's Reviews > The Return (Remember Me 2): The Return

The Return (Remember Me 2) by Christopher Pike

Nov 05, 11

bookshelves: personal-interest, mlm-horror-house
Read from November 02 to 05, 2011

As with Remember Me, the copy I have was marketed as a scary/thriller. As it was the Halloween season and I had been looking for something scary, I thought these two books would fit the bill.

Well, they didn't...not really.

The biggest issue I have with these two is that - due to the marketing campaign and classification of these two books as thrillers - these two books (Remember Me, Remember Me 2: The Return) aren't categorized properly. Instead of being classified as thrillers, they should have been classified as paranormal and spiritual or supernatural and spiritual, as that's really what these two books encompass.

Because I did not get what I was expecting to get from this book, I can only give it 3/5 stars.

If this book had been marketed as a spiritual paranormal or spiritual supernatural story, I would have been more inclined to give both books 4/5 stars instead of 3/5.

Shari's story continues in this book, and this book is even more spiritual than Remember Me. In fact, the blurb on the back doesn't really do justice to the actual story within the pages.

The more I think about it, the more I like the story Pike told. It's just that, I wanted something scarier, creepier for my Halloween read. So, again, I felt let down, even though I did enjoy the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Return (Remember Me 2).

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael You might like "Monster" by the same author, or "Whisper of Death"