Jay's Reviews > The Notebook

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Nov 05, 11

bookshelves: adult, america, artist, drama, happy, life, life-lessons, mature, old-fashioned, relationships, romance, sadness, sex, teenager
Recommended to Jay by: Goodreads.
Recommended for: Anyone looking for a love story.
Read from November 03 to 05, 2011, read count: 1

I thought this was beautiful to read. It is very emotionally touching and if you have experienced love and lost it too, you will go through all the emotions as you're reading and feel them very strongly. I was overwhelmed to tears on just how much I could relate to the lead female character called Allie.

This book does an excellent job of reminding you that love isn't forever and you're best to grab what you really want out of life. Life is too valuable to take second best (if you can help it that is)!

I've also now realised how much I think Noah is a beautiful name. I now have another new potential name for my son if I ever have one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Notebook.

Quotes Jay Liked

Nicholas Sparks
“You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.”

Nicholas Sparks
“You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.”

Nicholas Sparks
“My daddy said, that the first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away.”

11/03/2011 page 5