Marissa-dono's Reviews > The Star Scroll

The Star Scroll by Melanie Rawn

6141975
Nov 18, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, young-adult, read-in-2011, series-unfinished-in-progres, published-1980s, adventure, sci-fi, romance, action
Read from November 03 to 07, 2011

The only reason I picked this book up is because I don't leave a series unfinished. As with the last book in the trilogy, I wasn't too impressed with this one, either. Though there were nowhere near as many grammatical errors to distract me this time, I still couldn't keep track of all of her characters without flipping to the family trees in the back of the book constantly.

I still found many of the main characters to be stagnant, with only a few making any growth/decline as a person. A lot of their actions were predicable, & while I could see them all coming I was still disappointed in their actions. I would have liked a little less realism & a little more heroism (especially in a particular fight scene towards the end when somebody stabbed somebody else, making me think that he/she had just saved their Chosen, when in the next sentence it goes to someone else's perspective like 3 minutes before the stabbing happened). So once again some of the plot twists frustrated me. Another frustrating thing: how easily these characters seem to fall in love. Aside from Roelstra's slew of daughters, everyone seems to have a happily ever after marriage.

Again, not a book I would recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Star Scroll.