Cindy ~ SnS Reviews's Reviews > White Hot

White Hot by Nina Bruhns

Aug 24, 12

Read on August 08, 2012

Wow bring your oxygen when reading this book. From beginning to end its non stop action and suspense. I couldn't put the book down till I finished it.

This book literally picks up 10 days after Red Heat where we saw U.S. Navy Lieutenant Commander Clint Walker jump into the sea and swim away with stolen plan's from the Chinese. Clint has to make it back to the US with the chip and isn't having much luck. He finally decides to stow away on a cargo ship that headed out into the Alaskan Bering Sea. When he knocks on the captain's door late that night hoping to get the captain's cooperation he is shocked to find that the captain is a woman.

Captain Samantha Richardson doesn't trust men as far as she can throw them. Between her ex husband betraying her and having to constantly fight her father on having the career she wants she is out to prove herself with delivering the cargo with no issues. Having a man force his way into her room with a gun pointed at her isn't the way she saw things going.

Neither Clint nor Sam expect the flash of heat that suddenly sparks between them. But once Clint explains he needs a ride and its of national security that he gets to the US she reluctantly agrees that he can stay on as one of her crew.

When Sam and Clint finally give in to there attraction and are busy making interesting use of a hammock the ship is hijacked and from there its non stop action till almost the last page. The way the author writes I felt like I was right there with them hiding out and doing all the dangerous things it took to get her crew back.

I cannot wait for the next exciting adventure in this series.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Hot.

~E~ Riverina Romantics Wow. Great review. I need to check this series out!!