Jenna's Reviews > Where I'm Calling From: New and Selected Stories

Where I'm Calling From by Raymond Carver

F 50x66
Nov 09, 11

bookshelves: currently-reading

I Am loving this book, at first i didn't think i would, but even through all the crap on the surface of these peoples lives its nice to get to look inside them, i feel like im walking short segments on the TLC channel. He has a real and rough look into the lives of others, wither real or not, they are simple and complex all at the same time, if you are looking for hidden meaning you will find it, but if you are looking for just something good to read this will be great for both! Enjoy reading this.

Review #2

In this book i find myself enjoying it more and more. As i go through the stories i find my self trying to relate to them, tho sometimes I cant, but other times i try. Like in "They're Not Your Husband" I have never been in this situation ever but i seem to try to put my place in the other women shoes, then i end up trying to fill in the blanks in the stories, they are given in such a way that you can do this with them. But over all i think this book is a wonderfully real.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where I'm Calling From.