TBV's Reviews > No Regrets: A Rock 'n' Roll Memoir

No Regrets by Ace Frehley

May 14, 12

Read from April 25 to May 14, 2012

I've been a Kiss fan since I was 12 (I'll refrain from telling you how long ago I was 12), this was a time when Kiss was at the height of their career ('77). Oops, I just gave it away. My favorite member of Kiss was (and still is) Ace Frehley. Reading his autobiography was great fun.

Ace gave plenty of detail about his upbringing, growing up in the Bronx, being in a gang, getting trouble at school (typical coming of age events). However, when he detailed his late teen years at rock concerts were he sneaks backstage and meets various famous rock stars, that's where the book became interesting. It took off from there.

This book is light reading but (for me anyway) had interesting content. Ace provided a history of Kiss from his audition to the present time. He detailed his life in the band, out of the band, his solo career, awards he had won, people he meet, trouble he got into, and the occasional odd experience such as UFO encounters and past lives silliness (those things I did not care too much for).

If you enjoy the Band Kiss, or are a big fan of guitarist Ace Frehley, then you'll probably like this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Regrets.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin I like Kiss. Paul Stanley was always my favorite. This was my dad's favorite band.

message 2: by TBV (new) - rated it 3 stars

TBV Caitlin wrote: "I like Kiss. Paul Stanley was always my favorite. This was my dad's favorite band."

That's cool. I'm not sure why but I've been on a rock autobiography kick lately. I've got a few more to read, but it's been a nice break from the more academic non-fiction I tend to read. Cheers!