Zeek's Reviews > Shadow's Claim

Shadow's Claim by Kresley Cole

Dec 26, 12

bookshelves: alpha-hero, angels-gods-demons, favorite-author, favorites-pnr, pnr-kitchen-sink, pnr, romance, shifters, vamps
Read in December, 2012

I ended up seriously enjoying this one- I wasnt sure at the beginning. It starts off with the heroine loving someone but fated to be with another. Of course she finds out she never really loved loved the first guy and eventually falls for the hero. (One of my least favorite romance novel plot devices.)

But, KC made it work for me in the end because that Vamp was hooooot- holy crap were some of those scenes sweaty in the best sense of the word- and he wasnt givin up on his Bride.

Despite what others are sayin, I'm likin the Vamp Dacians from the Realm of Blood and Mist... But that doesnt mean I cant wait to get back to the Valks and the Lykae, becasue I can't :D.

Still, sorta a been there done that before feel to this novel with the whole tourney/competition to the death for her hand in marriage- and the right to rule this particular demon realm. For that, it's def a 3.5 out of 5 from me rather than the usualy higher ratings I give Cole. ::shrug::

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow's Claim.