Edisty Friskanesya's Reviews > Days of Magic, Nights of War

Days of Magic, Nights of War by Clive Barker

Nov 09, 11

bookshelves: fiksi
Read from November 08 to 10, 2011

I read the first book: Abarat itself several years ago, when I was about sixteen..Whooa, it took almost six years before I read the second. Of course I had forgotten what is Abarat about, except soo many weird creatures in it. Until i finished half of Abarat #2, i still forget what was the story of first book, haha. But oh well, because in Abarat #1 nothing happened (only discovering Abarat and the fact that Carrion is trying to take over Abarat), I can still enjoy read Abarat #2.

I must admit that Clive Barker is awesome, for his hardwork made paintings for six years jus for illustrate this book. More from 100 paintings can be found in Abarat #1, and about 125 paintings as illustration in Abarat #2. Phew.

Anyway, Abarat itself contains of five books. The third was published on September 2011. Still a long, long, journey... I doubt myself will continue to read the rest, consider I should be waiting for years. When the translation of the third book: Eternal Midnight, will I still remember the story of this book? When the fourth finally published, will I still remember the third? I wonder.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Days of Magic, Nights of War.