Slavena's Reviews > Magic Bites

Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

Mar 23, 15

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, magic, series, fast-read, read-in-2011

I think you have to be in the mood in order to like this book. I am very happy that I did not get this book in audio format because there is so much you need to take in. A whole world is created, its an alternate reality and it takes a while to get used to everything. I was entertained because I liked the heroine, she can hold her own with her mysterious magic and sword. It is a fast paced book if you can manage the first little sluggish part.
It is a good thing I just read one hot and steamy romance because there is no romance in this one, there is no relationship (of the love kind) build up but again its only book one and there are 5 out there. I will report as I go along. The reason I am taking away a star is because very little of Kate Daniel's background was revealed.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Bites.

message 1: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana You should definitely continue with the series. It's one of the best UF series around IMO.

And there will be more of Kate's past and her love life in the later books. :-)

Slavena overall it was much better then hunger games was for me. I stopped to read that one 5 times. This type of writing can be very boring with descriptions of every day activities but magic bites was full of action.

message 3: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana I still haven't read Hunger Games. I think it's on my tbr list, but I can't make myself start it, even though my sister liked it and we have similar tastes.