Mia 's Reviews > Remembrance

Nov 26, 11

bookshelves: from-authors, favorites, read-in-2011
Read from November 08 to 11, 2011

Originally posted at Girl about Books

The first thing that I noticed on Remembrance was the stunning and gorgeous cover. And then I found out that the story was inspired by Taylor Swift hit song “Love Story” (which I really love) that made my interest leveled up! I was also intrigued by the plot because I personally love stories with 'reincarnation' themes. So I asked for a review copy from the author, Michelle Madow, and she happily provided one for me. Thanks, Michelle!

Remembrance is an astonishing and unique love story. I enjoyed the story so much! I liked how well-balanced the story was. It wasn’t over the top, all of the elements are in proportion which made the story very entertaining as a whole. Madow’s writing style was very impressive especially for a debut author like her. It was simple yet really gripping. The story was simply captivating and the plot was original. I was also pleasantly surprised that Madow threw some Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice in the story which really blended well with the book’s plot.

Just like the plot, the characters are all very well-developed especially the protagonist, Lizzie and the charming Drew. The supporting characters are also wonderful, they definitely added some kick in the story.

Remembrance is a wonderful start in a series. It’s a brilliant mix of romance, fantasy and reality. I seriously couldn’t wait for the next book, Vengeance! I’m giving this book 4.5 out of 5 stars and I definitely recommend this to all YA Romance readers!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remembrance.

11/08/2011 page 22

message 1: by Sonia (new) - added it

Sonia It's intriguing. After knowing it is inspired by "Love Story" and contains elements from Pride and Prejudice, I definitely have to read it! :-D