Andi (Andi's ABCs)'s Reviews > The Thing About the Truth

The Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt

Jul 16, 12

Read from July 13 to 14, 2012

Just picking up a Lauren Barnholdt books manages to make me smile. There is something about her writing style that I just love. She has this uncanny ability to write the most off the wall characters that are so completely insane that you can't help but love them! She did it with Courtney in Two Way Street(my FAVORITE Barnholdt book!) and she did it again with Kelsey in The Thing About the Truth.

Kelsey was completely off her rocker. The thoughts that went through her head and the things she actually said just made me shake my head and laugh and fall completely in love with her. She was so crazy and poor Isaac had no idea what to do with her most of the time. That dynamic alone made this book so fun to read.

And the message tucked in between the pages of fun dialogue was great because it was so spot on. The truth does always have a way of coming out no matter what you try to do. It is better to just be honest before everything blows up in your face.

Brava Ms. Barnholdt! Bring on some more awesomeness!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thing About the Truth.

07/13/2012 page 30
10.0% "I LOVE YOU LAUREN BARNHOLDT! Man did I miss her writing style!"
07/13/2012 page 78
26.0% "Kelsey's a neurotic mess like Courtney was in Two Way Street...and I kind of love her!"