Lisa D. Smith (Lissa Smith Reads)'s Reviews > Forgotten

Recommended to Lisa D. Smith by: Books 4 Review Club
Recommended for: Adult & Young Auult Readers of Romance
Read from November 02 to 05, 2011 , read count: 1

5 Best Stars

It’s the second best book I have read this month alone and it’s the best YA book I have read this month!!

Cat Patrick took me on an unforgettable journey through the eyes of London, a young girl whose memory reset every morning. She has no memory of her past and every memory of the future. Forgotten was so gripping to me literally could not put it down; I laughed, I sighed, I giggled, I cried. The story was a mesmerizing page-turning psychological mystery; full of drama and young love that I greedily consumed in one evening.

I know I had said this before but the story hooked right from the start. London grab my attention primarily by the lists she writes for herself and I was confused at first. I didn't understand why they were so important and why she freaked out over the cell phone. When I did and I was sucked further into the story vying to see where it would lead. London falls for Luke, and gets the pleasure of meeting him for the first time every single day. She quickly falls for him, hard, and fast. The feelings they have for each other reach intense heights in what is a short space of time.

I had so many favorite points throughout the story I’m not sure if I can narrow it down. Nevertheless, if I had to pick just one, I think my favorite part of the story would have to be the minivan date. It was refreshing reading a about a young man romancing a young woman he clearly loved. As a woman, I know it is usually (us) the female’s who wind up romanticizing a date/ relationship and the guy’s intentions. It was wonderful to read the romancing coming from the guy for a change. Most assuredly, Luke was my favorite character. It was refreshing reading (though from London’s pov) how much he loved London and never giving up even when London pushes him away.

I had three big reactions to be honest. However, the one that stands out the most is London remembering Luke without having to read her notes. My heart burst opened at the realization that they could be forever soul mates, just as Luke had romanticized on the minivan date. My second stand out moment was the future London saw for Luke. After all both have been through it just didn’t seem fair to either one of them. My third was learning that her brother was still alive, he*l that she even had a brother and it made me wonder…. Could her memory loss be linked to finding her brother? If so, once he appears will she be able to remember and what about her future memories…..What will happen?

Honestly I can’t recall reading a book like this before. I thought it was interesting that London could see the future however could not remember the past. It may seem that Jamie, Adam and London’s father were just a sideline character. However if Cat Patrick decides to continue the story with another book I think we will see more of the characters. Especially, Jamie and Adam if Luke and London can’t figure out a way to change Luke’s future. My only disappointment was with the ending. For me it was too rushed, and I felt like there was more to say, more story to tell. I don't think it should have ended and what I hear is there will be no sequel. I have a feeling there will be more from London, but don't hold me to that.

Do yourself a favor and DON’T miss this one…!! Forgotten it is a stirring and extraordinary debut novella that will haunt your dreams and leave you yearning for more.
9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten.

Quotes Lisa D. Smith Liked

Cat Patrick
“Luke and I stay nestled together until he nudges me.
We’d better get going, he says gently.
I guess I dozed off. I’m not letting you fall asleep without a note again. Why not? I ask, stretching. I kiss him on the cheek and add, with a sly smile, you don’t have to worry, Luke. I’ll remember you in the morning.”

Cat Patrick
“Okay, fine, we were married elsetime. Anyway, we died of whatever you die from, let’s say natural causes. But we were in love, so our souls keep finding each other in whatever forms our bodies take.”

Cat Patrick
“I think it’s just the whole package. I can’t pick you apart. I just love all of you. I think I always have.”

Cat Patrick
“I can’t stay away from you,” he whispers...“Don’t stay away from me, then,” I whisper back...”

Cat Patrick
“The boy in the closet is your boyfriend. He loves you and will tell you all about last night.” “Cute,” I say, feeling my eyelids droop and sleep approach. “Don’t forget to tell me about the last hour in the closet.” “I’ll re-create it for you tomorrow,” Luke says...”

Cat Patrick
“Jo Lane had in fact lived there for five years until she moved on. “Where did she go?” I asked innocently, not getting it. “I’m so sorry to be the one telling you this, but Jo passed last winter,” the young nurse said. “She died,” she added, probably because of my dazed look.”

Cat Patrick
“....LondonLane: I’m sure I don’t remember everything. I remember the future the way you remember the past. You remember the really good and bad and forget some of the middle, right?
LJH6678: Sure.
LondonLane: Same with me. Why?
LJH6678: Do you remember us having sex?...

LJH6678: Well? LondonLane: Truth? LJH6678: YES! LondonLane: Yes.....

Luke learned that he’s going to die young today and all he wants to ask me about is sex?”

09/19/2013 marked as: kindle_read
09/19/2013 marked as: reviewed
09/19/2013 marked as: read

Georgina Im pretty sure you wrote this review ages and ages ago, but I just had to comment because I agree with all your points and that even though the ending seemed quite rushed, I still loved it!

Lisa D. Smith (Lissa Smith Reads) Georgina wrote: "Im pretty sure you wrote this review ages and ages ago, but I just had to comment because I agree with all your points and that even though the ending seemed quite rushed, I still loved it!"

Thanks it was a great read!! It's among one of the books I revisit between reads. I would love to see CP follow the story up.

Jenna Does any one know what high-school London goes to? Thanks!