Nicole's Reviews > The Wide-Mouthed Frog: A Pop-Up Book

The Wide-Mouthed Frog by Keith Faulkner

Nov 02, 11

bookshelves: read-with-dominic-and-loved
I own a copy

I thought I would start keeping track of the books I've read with my four year old, Dominic that we love reading together.

I am a passionate reader and it seems to be contagious... it's spread though-out the house. It starts slow little things here and there…my husband sees me reading a book with a smile. But the outbreak is bad when it comes to the younger members of the house hold…maybe its genetic?
I have always read with my children as my mother read to me and there are some children’s books that you bond with, The Wide-Mouthed Frog is one of those books for me. I do the voices of all the different animals in the book and he opens the last page that pops up with a huge splash and says “SPLASH”. I always love when he lets me read him this book.

The copy I have is actually a hand me down from my 13 year old Andrew… and yeah we bonded over the book as well. We have used and abused the book so much that many of the pop-up’s are taped and have to be manually activated. Maybe it’s time for a new copy!

This book is not sentimental and most likely won’t teach your child a lesson… unless you count learning how to immerse yourself into a book and become part of the story, and joining your child in their imagination and going on an adventure together, a lesson…

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wide-Mouthed Frog.