Abby's Reviews > For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men

For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn

Nov 02, 11

Read in November, 2011

I just randomly picked this book up at the library and didn't expect anything too spectacular. I actually thought it was a pretty good little book, though. It's all about men and what they think but won't tell you.

For example, "I do love my wife and think she's great, but I would be so much happier if she lost 60 lbs and wore makeup again. I know we don't have enough money to buy gas or shoes, but I will happily spend $2000 on a personal trainer to get her in shape and I get depressed every time I see her eating a donut." You imagine a guy might be thinking this, but you never really know because they would feel like jerks to say it out loud. This is a book full of things guys think but are way too scared to vocalize. Like how much they think about naked women. Or how much they need to feel respected. That kind of stuff. Nothing ground breaking, but it was a fun read. It reminded me that I didn't have to apologize to my husband when I buy a new pair of $130 running shoes several times a year. :-)
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Women Only.

Arianna Dubovik loved your feedback on the book. i agreed with everything you said!