Hannah's Reviews > The Incredible Book Eating Boy

The Incredible Book Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers

F_50x66
Nov 02, 11

I think this book is very creative. The boy loves books and eats, eats, and eats them. As he is eating the information, he obtains it all and it makes him smarter. But one day all the information in his head is all mixed up. Then he decided to actually read a book instead of eating it and finds out he enjoys reading, without eating it. Its a good book to share with children who haven't figured out they enjoy reading, or don't have the time to read. After learning all semester about look at the cover, colors, and fonts used. This is probably the first book I noticed has different fonts throughout the color, which represents all the different types of books the boy eats. There are no borders throughout the book, but the illustrator does use shadowing throughout the book. Like i mentioned earlier, I think the author did a good job of relating the character to real life people, by having him not read because we all know finding time to read is impossible for some people.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Incredible Book Eating Boy.