Chrissy's Reviews > Bloodlines

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Jun 12, 12

bookshelves: my-favorites
Recommended to Chrissy by: no one
Recommended for: anyone
Read from November 03 to 13, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 2

Bloodlines is the first book in the spin - off series to my favorite book series. Seriously though, if Vampire Academy (the series Bloodlines is a spin off from) were movies like Harry Potter, or The Twilight Saga, or The Hunger Games, it would be so much more popular in its movie and everything. Vampire Academy (and Bloodlines) really just haven't gotten the lime light that the other books have. However, if it ever does, people will NO LONGER be saying: "What is Vampire Academy?" and "I love Harry Potter/The Twilight Saga/The Hunger Games." Instead. people will be saying: "I LOVE Vampire Academy!" and "Harry WHAT?/The WHAT Saga?/The Hunger WHAT?" because Vampire Academy and Bloodlines will have blown them away.

Just think of it this way. None of those other books got spin-off series. Vampire Academy did. What does that tell you??? Well? Sure the others got movies...but that was luck.

Just you wait. If Vampire Academy gets its well deserved time...one word.

INCOMING.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodlines.

Quotes Chrissy Liked

Richelle Mead
“Yeah? Can you draw a skeleton riding a motorcycle with flames coming out of it? And I want a pirate hat on the skeleton. And a parrot on his shoulder. A skeleton parrot. Or maybe a ninja skeleton parrot? No, that would be overkill. But it'd be cool if the biker skeleton could be shooting some ninja throwing stars. That are on fire.”

Richelle Mead
“Takes a lot of tries before you hit perfection." He paused to reconsider that. "Well, except for my parents. They got it on the first try." (Adrian)”

Richelle Mead
“You look confused," said Adrian.
I shook my head and sighed. "I think I'm just overthinking things."
He nodded solemnly. "That's why I try to never do it.”

Richelle Mead
“Dimitri Belikov had arrived.”

Richelle Mead
“I have to get back there." I said to Adrian. "Into that door."
He arched an eyebrow. "What, like sneaking in? How very black ops of you. And oh, you know— dangerous and foolish."
"I know." I said, surprised at how calm I sounded as I admitted that. "But I have to know something, and this may be my only chance."
"Then I'll go with you in case that guy comes back," he said with a sigh. "Never let it be said Adrian Ivashkov doesn't help damsels in distress.”

Richelle Mead
“Now I see some family resemblance. I was starting to wonder if Jill was adopted, but you two kind of look like each other."
"So does our mailman back in North Dakota," said Adrian.”

Richelle Mead
“I don't suppose that she gave you the job based on looks alone?"
Adrian had been staring off but now flashed me a big smile. "Why, Sage, you sweet talker."
"That's not what I meant! What happened?"
He shrugged. "I told the truth."
"Adrian!"
"I'm serious. She asked me what my greatest strength was. I said getting along with people."
"That's not bad." I admitted.
"Then she asked what my greatest weakness was. And I said, 'Where should I start?'"
"Adrian!"
"Stop saying my name like that. I told her the truth. By the time I was on the fourth one, she told me I could go.”

Richelle Mead
“While Adrian was interviewing in the back, I got a table and some coffee. Trey came to visit me after about fifteen minutes.
"Is that really your brother?" he demanded.
"Yes," I said, hoping I sounded convincing.
"When you said he was looking for a job, I pictured a male version of you. I figured he'd want to color code the cups or something."
"What's your point?" I asked.
Trey shook his head. "My point is that you'd better keep looking. I was just back there and overheard him talking with my manager. She was explaining the cleanup he would have to do each night. Then he said something about his hands and manual labor.”

Richelle Mead
“But I can say you’re okay for an irreverent party boy with occasional moments of brilliance.”
“Brilliant? You think I’m brilliant?” He threw his hands skyward. “You hear that, world? Sage says I’m brilliant.”
“That’s not what I said!”
...
“Come on, Sage. You understand how my mind works. You said I was brilliant, remember?”
Eddie glanced at me in surprise. “You did?”
“No! I never said that.” Adrian’s smile was infuriating. “Stop telling people that.”

11/06/2011 page 392
93.0% "I have like, one or 2 chapters left. I'm sad because I have to wait until June for the next one!"
11/10/2011 page 409
97.0% "still going slow purposefully- don't want it to end!"
11/13/2011 page 421
100.0% "I finished it! I LOVED the end! Cannnot wait to read The Golden Lily!"
show 1 hidden update…