Lesley's Reviews > Darkness Falls

Nov 13, 11

Read from November 05 to 07, 2011

Posted on http://mykeepershelf.blogspot.com/201...
4.5 rating

I started reading the sequel about 5 minutes after I finished Immortal Beloved, it's completely addictive and the story never seems to quite go the way I think it's heading, it really kept me on my toes.

It's New Year at River's Edge and despite Nastasya's resolution to trust more she continues to fight her feelings for the gorgeous Viking Reyn and desperately wants to cast off the darkness but seems rooted in her belief that she is not worth saving.

As things start to go wrong for Nastasya at River's Edge and her attempts at helping others fail epically she doubts her own self worth so much that when Incy shows up she willingly goes back with him to that dark party lifestyle. It's so thoroughly break your heart fantastic and made me want to shout out loud on numerous occassions. Incy is brilliantly manipulative and dangerously dark, he wants her power and is willing to do anything to get it. However, Nastasya is a different person, she's no longer taken in fully by the dark party lifestyle and yearns not only for her old life at River's Edge but also the hope of redemption, of being a better person but she just may not be strong enough to escape Incy's clutches.

I really was swept away by Darkness Falls, the tense build up had me gripping my book tighter and although Nastasya has loads of sarcastic and funny moments her overwhelming and crippling self doubt had me really rooting for her. I'm now beyond excited about what the final installment in the trilogy will bring (especially if there is going to be more Reyn in it *fans self*) You MUST read this!

Thanks again to Hodder & Stoughton for sending me a copy for review.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Falls.

11/06/2011 page 131