Nicolas Robles's Reviews > The Invention of Hugo Cabret

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

6121960
Nov 02, 11

This book was very large but had many pictures which made it a lot easier to read.I feel like the pictures went along with the book very well because they were a little hazy and looked to have an air of mystery about them. I think this book would probably be appropriate for kids that were a little older just because of the length and the fact that this book has much that is left up to the imagination and it does make you think. I actually thoroughly enjoyed this book because through the whole time i was wondering what was going on. It tells the story of this little orphan boy who was left alone working on all of the clocks in the train station so that the train inspector would not investigate and take him away. He befriends a little girl named Isabelle and is acquainted with an old man that the thinks to be mean but there is much more to him than meets the eye. The only thing that Hugo has left behind from his dad is the automoton and Hugo spends much time trying to figure out how to put it together to see if his father had left him a message. Once he had put it back together he discovers things about Isabelle's godfather. I think this was a very entertaining book and one that i would recommend to my students.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invention of Hugo Cabret.