Andrea's Reviews > Panty Raid @ Zombie High

Panty Raid @ Zombie High by Rusty Fischer

Dec 01, 11

Read from November 22 to 24, 2011

I gave this book 3.5 rating on my blog, but rounded up.

I'm a newbie to the Zombie Craze. Yes, I watch The Walking Dead, but only just recently, and I fast-forward through the really yucky parts. And though I have a few sitting on my bookshelf, I haven't actually read any zombie-centric books. So when author Rusty Fischer offered me a copy of his book, I happily jumped at the chance to dig in...so to speak.

With a name like Panty Raid at Zombie High, you expect a funny, sort of tongue-in-cheek book, right? I did, and that is exactly what I got. The book is told from the perspective of Toby, a teenage guy, and Fischer did an excellent job of portraying the dialogue and reactions of Toby and the fellow Panty-Raiders. The tone was a little wry, ironic, and sometimes laugh-out-loud funny.

The premise behind the book was very clever and set in the near future. And, the scenario seemed entirely too possible (Eeek!). As for the zombies? These are not cute, lovable, misunderstood zombies. These are bone-crunching, flesh-ripping, marrow-slurping (ugh, I almost gagged writing that!) zombies that want to eat your BRAINSSSS.

Panty Raid at Zombie High is a fairly quick read, measuring in on my ereader at 116 pages. Perfect for a short bit of funny, and creepy, entertainment!

Worthy of a Little Extra Lovin

Favorite Quote ~

"But Spud looks so confident, and the guys are acting cool, and the chicks are fairly hot so...am I
the only fool here? Does no one else care that a rabid, brain-eating zombie could jump out from
behind the building at any moment and suck our brains out of our skulls like the last scoop of
three-alarm chili from the bottom of the bowl?"

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Panty Raid @ Zombie High.

11/22/2011
15.0% "So funny and clever!"
11/23/2011