Jenny's Reviews > Coming Up for Air

Coming Up for Air by Patti Callahan Henry

F_50x66
Nov 07, 11

Read from November 02 to 05, 2011

Ugh. I always hate it when I don't like a book. Though I had a bad feeling about this one from the get-go. I was just hoping my feeling was wrong and that everything would turn out better. Look out, spoilers abound.

The troubled marriage. I felt they really didn't get into it about what the actual "problems" in this marriage were until near the end. And I suppose I understand. I just want to know why in the world she started dating (and then ended up marrying) someone who is "charming" and she "liked" after she broke up with a person she loved. I don't understand how someone could chose that.

And then Hutch, his whole mantra being he didn't want to be the consolation prize (said after they broke up back in college and she tried to apologize AND after she divorced her husband) yet 6 months after the divorce, THEN it is okay to be the consultation prize?? I don't get that. Also Hutch, why are you holding hands with your married ex-girlfriend when you have been dating someone for 6 years?

And how in the world can a woman date someone and love them forever, only to marry their BROTHER. I don't understand how that can be kept secret while the brothers still have a relationship. How does the wife avoid her brother in law all the time?

So much I don't get about this book. Sorry this is all a hodge-podge. I can't create a coherent thought because all the negative is just jumbled together in my brain. There were some okay/enjoyable parts. I think. Ew, and I hated the last line. Gross. :) The end; on to better reading. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coming Up for Air.