Kelly's Reviews > Heart of Darkness

251943
Feb 16, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, paranormal-romance, read-in-2012
Read from February 06 to 16, 2012

One of Felicity Heaton's greatest strengths is the way she can draw me into her stories from the get-go and leave me feverishly battling my need for sleep to find out what happens. Yes, she did that with this one. From our first glimpse of Aleksandr as he's battling a hunter and, more importantly, the darkness growing within himself, I was a goner. The guy captured me. He compelled me. He kept me riveted. Watching him navigate his feelings for Elise and begin to see that he was more than just the vengeance that had driven him was something I couldn't look away from.

Now, I liked Elise, don't get me wrong, but Aleksandr was the one that I was rooting for. I wanted him to conquer his demons and finally avenge his sister's death. I wanted him to find a way to patch up his relationship with his family. I was thrilled that Elise gave him a measure of peace. I was also thrilled that she didn't give in to him right away. She held on to the core of herself and stood strong even as her heart was splintering when the court women were throwing themselves in Aleksandr's path. I admire that in a vampire guard. That said, when she did succumb to him, it was very sex-ay.

Felicity Heaton's vampires are feral and honorable all at the same time. The fight hard and love even harder. And they are so fun to read.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart of Darkness.