Zach Wilhelm's Reviews > The Heart and the Fist: The Education of a Humanitarian, the Making of a Navy SEAL

The Heart and the Fist by Eric Greitens

Nov 02, 2011

bookshelves: currently-reading
Read from November 02 to 12, 2011

The Heart and the Fist, by: Eric Greitens, gives an in depth account of what humanitarian work really entails, and the intesity of which you have to train mentally and physically to be a Navy SEAL. The book starts off at the end of the events, then skips to the beginning of the making of Eric Greitens, and how he came to be what he is today. This book opens your mind to what is true and what is fake in our world, and what you should really believe. The fact that the book was a first hand account of what happens in our world, it just takes this book to the next level of specialty. This book is moving, and powerful in it's meaning. The only problem I had with the book was that at some poits Eric did not go into enough detail or stopped three fourth of the way through an account, and moved on to another event. Other than that this novel should be placed with the best.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heart and the Fist.

Quotes Zach Liked

“There were a number of definitions of courage, but now I was seeing it in its simplest form: you do what has to be done day after day, and you never quit.”
Eric Greitens, The Heart and the Fist: The Education of a Humanitarian, the Making of a Navy SEAL

“Warriors are warriors not because of their strengh, but because of their ability strengh to good purpose”
tags: war

11/02/2011 page 1
11/05/2011 page 33
10.0% "A good peace, a solid peace, a peace in which communities can flourish, can oly be built when we ask ourselves and eachother to be more than just good, nd better than strong- Eric Greitens"
11/13/2011 page 320
100.0% "many books are written by people who have not experienced what is in the book. In this novel, it is the othr way around. This novel is a first hand account of what really happens in the Navy SEAL's and in third world countries"
show 1 hidden update…