Rat de bibliothèque's Reviews > I Kissed Dating Goodbye: A New Attitude Toward Relationships and Romance

I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris

Jun 27, 08

Read in January, 2000

In this book Joshua Harris tells you to, as the title suggests, to kiss dating goodbye, suggesting that here is a better way to approach romance than simple "dating" could ever provide.

He urges you to ask yourself "what is your motivation in relationships, pleasing yourself or serving others?", "do you give yourself away physically or emotionally in ways you will regret when married?", and "does your current relationship hinder you from serving God as a single person?".

This book does not say that dating is sinful and explains that rejecting typical dating does not mean that you'll never spend time alone with a guy or girl.

Under his suggestions for the many different reasons to read this book he suggests it if you:
1. You just got out of a bad relationship, and you don't want to be hurt again. Not dating sounds like a great idea.
2. You just haven't felt comfortable with dating, and you're looking for alternatives.
3. You're ina great dating relationship, and you're curious why anyone would choose not to date.

This book is full of wonderful suggestions such as dating your wife or husband once you are married and many others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Kissed Dating Goodbye.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I think it is impossible to go from The Dating to Marriage .