Khawla's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Nov 17, 11

bookshelves: favorites, vampires
Read from November 16 to 17, 2011

I was excited to read this book cause everyone had already read it and loved it so I had high expectations plus it's about vampires that was all they had to say to get me to put it on my to-read list. I thought I'd read the first book of the series and if I liked it I'd continue with the rest of the books.

I think the story was interesting it's just one of those thrilling adventure stories that makes you not wanting to stop reading. I'm a fan of all paranormal stuff. I just like the action and the fun I get from reading about all paranormal stuff and it kinda gets you to wish that it really does exists.

As for the characters I didn’t feel any connection to them. I didn't care about them that much I would just read fast until I got to something more interesting cause I was bored most of the time. Of course, I am not talking about Rose, Lissa and Dimitri cause I loved the three of them, but I am talking about the other minor characters.

The relationship between Rose and Dimitri was the cutest thing, but they couldn't be together so that was sad cause it was the only thing I was paying attention to. Also, Lissa and Rose friendship was the kind of friendship everyone hopes to have with their best friend it was really inspiring.

I have five more books to read so the question is will I continue reading the rest of the series my answer is yes. I guess once you've read the first book you just can't stop without completing the series and I also read some reviews that said that the story gets better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

Quotes Khawla Liked

Richelle Mead
“Did you see that dress?” "I saw the dress.” "Did you like it?” He didn't answer. I took that as a yes. "Am I going to endanger my reputation if I wear it to the dance?” When he spoke, I could barely hear him. "You'll endanger the school.” I smiled and fell asleep.”
Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy

Richelle Mead
“Dimitri: "She might be wild and disrespectful, but if she has potential—"
Rose: "Wild and disrespecful? Who the hell are you anyway? Oursourced help?"
Kirova: "Guardian Belikov is the Princess Lissa's guardian now, her sanctioned guardian."
Rose: "You got cheap foreign labor to protect Lissa?”
Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy

11/16/2011 page 11
3.0% "just started reading. Lissa and Rose are running from someone, looks like been on the run for 2 years, will continue reading to find out more."
11/17/2011 page 124
37.0% "turns out Lissa is a princess and she and Rose her guardian ran away from the Academy so they finally found them and brought them back."