Evelin's Reviews > Tundekasvatus: ühe noormehe lugu

Tundekasvatus by Gustave Flaubert

Nov 07, 2011

it was ok
Read from November 01 to 07, 2011

Well, the book was.. life-true, yes in some ways certainly, but.. By the quote I read from the back of the book I thought the book was something different.. So, I was a bit of disappointed. The book doesn't give one much hope, nor didn't give me any inspiration. That's mostly what I value in books.
I found the ignorance and even sort of stupidity of the main character pretty annoying. I didn't understand his childish disability to decide what he wants after-all and be happy with that. Constant mind changing, playing on others feelings, seemingly trying to get over the over-idealised idea of one woman in his head.. Like, he's unable to move on, to see things as they are, feel any real empathy, connect with others feelings. It seems that as sad and unhappy as he is/was, secretly he's actually enjoying it.. I'm pretty sure that the kind of character he represents wouldn't be happy for long even when he finally gets the long-desired "treat".
So yes, if I don't value that kind of persons in real life, I can't value them in books either.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tundekasvatus.

11/05/2011 page 275