Wendy's Reviews > Ender's Shadow

Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card

Jul 16, 10

bookshelves: sci-fi, 2010-reads, 2013-reads

Reread this right after a reread of Ender's Game. It was interesting going through them back to back, though once again I think I liked it better the first time.

The idea of the parallel stories is neat, although the extra info here diminishes Ender's accomplishments somewhat. I especially cringed at the thoughts jammed in between the reused dialogue from Ender's Game which changes characterization quite a bit.

Bean is written as even more intelligent than the other exceptional kids at Battle School. A good reason is given for this, but if you had a hard time believing the level of the children in Ender's Game, Bean's story may be even tougher to swallow.

If you only read one, make it Ender's Game, but if you want more of that universe, the Shadow series makes for some good reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ender's Shadow.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Casey Yeah, I agree. I thought Bean's story was interesting, but didn't like how it completely sabotaged Ender's story. And the escaping the lab when he was like 6 months old thing? Completely unbelievable, even for sci-fi.