Elizabeth Sciarra's Reviews > Black and White

Black and White by David Macaulay

Nov 01, 11

I liked this book, and it was mainly because of all of the pictures in the book. It really opened my eyes into how different every book and story can be and how they are unique in their own individual way. As I read the book I think I figured out that it is a most modern book. Even though I do not like those types of books because I do not believe that they will be easy and simple for children to understand and comprehend, I thought that this one was better than the rest that I have read.

I liked it the most because even though it seems as though there are four different stories in the book, in the end the audience realizes that the author, David Macaulay, shows you in the end that the pictures are all combined to be a conformed and unified story. I thought that it was very interesting that he did that and it really made me think about it when it all came together at the end.

I think it would be interesting to see how children react to this book and how they interpret it, or even if they see that all these four separate stories are combined. In all I would recommend this book to a parent or teacher who wants to challenge their kids or students in the way of post modern childrens books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black and White.