Olivia Brown's Reviews > Native Son

Native Son by Richard Wright

Nov 01, 11

Native Son was an amazing book because it allowed the readers to think deep about the true meanings. I loved that Richard Wright used Bigger as a figure to represent the feelings, thoughts, and actions of a lot of Black males who are like bigger. The book was intersting because it showed how society could have an affect on a perons actions. It rasied the quesion of can society even be blamed for perosn's actions or are a person's actons based soely on themselves? There are many diffrent arguments for that question, and for that reason thier is no right anwser. Through out the book many of the question rasied by the text could not be anwserd with a simple yes or no, which is another reason why this book kept the readers thinking and ingaged. The only thing I did not like about the book is that som parts were drawn out and seemed just to be filers, however even some of the non essential parts of the book had a greater meaning if a person really thought about what Wright meant. Overall I think the book was great and I would recomned it to anyonme who likes to think deeply about the meanings of a text.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Native Son.