Ashley Heroldt's Reviews > Paper Towns

Paper Towns by John Green

Nov 01, 11

bookshelves: eng-412
Read in October, 2011

I LOVED this book. It was so funny, creative and captivating all the way too the very end. I think that one of the reasons that I liked it so much is due to the fact that I was able to relate to the characters. I have always struggled with the image that I have of myself and the different images others have of me. At one point in my life a few years back, I was so fed up that I basically just said, enough, this is who I am and if you don't like it then tough shit, because I am not going to change. I liked the character Margo for that reason. She finally said enough and took her image back.

Quentin Jacobsen is a seventeen-year-old who has been in love with his childhood best friend, Margo, his entire life. Quentin is an intelligent boy and Margo has a reputation for being tough and cool. A few weeks before graduation, out of the blue, Margo appears at Q's window asking him for his help and his car. Q's first and only reaction is hell yes, but little does he know that the journey Margo is taking him on is one where, rules will be broken, fish will be crushed, the images of others that have been made will be altered completely and the crush of his life will disappear from his life. Enlisting the help of his friends, Q goes on yet another adventure that may turn out to be nothing he expected it to be.

This was a very clever written book by John Green. It is a novel that I believe a lot of teens and adults can relate to. All of us have an image that we have to live up to and some times all it take is one thing to set us off and say enough is enough, this is me, this is who I am, so take it or leave it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Towns.