Marie's Reviews > Artemis Fowl

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

F 50x66
Nov 01, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, i-have-in-ebook

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artemis Fowl.

Quotes Marie Liked

Eoin Colfer
“Butler could kill you a hundred different ways without use of his armoury. Though I'm sure one would be quite sufficient.”

Eoin Colfer
“If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm crazy. That's the way history is written.”

Eoin Colfer
“I am unarmed. But Butler here, my ...ah...butler, has a Sig Saucer in his shoulder holster, two shrike-throwing knives in his boots, aderringer two-shot up his sleeve, garrotte wire in his watch, and three stun greanades concealed in variouse pockets. Anything else, Butler?”

Eoin Colfer
“Trust me. I'm a genius.”

Eoin Colfer
“Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know.”

Eoin Colfer
“Let us proceed under the assumption that the fairy folk do exist, and that I am not a gibbering moron.”

Eoin Colfer
“I'm right there with you, darlin'. Unless you step on a landmine, in which case I'm way back in the Operations Room.”

Eoin Colfer
“Hit that back-stabber where it hurts, right in the ambition.”

Eoin Colfer
“Thankfully the rest of the world assumed that the Irish were crazy, a theory that the Irish themselves did nothing to debunk. They had somehow got it into their heads that each fairy lugged around a pot of gold with him wherever he went. While it was true that LEP had a ransom fund, because of its officers' high-risk occupation, no human had ever taken a chunk of it yet. This didn't stop the Irish population in general from skulking around rainbows, hoping to win the supernatural lottery.”

Eoin Colfer
“Let's save some time here. I grow weary of your clumsy bluffs. In the case of an abduction, the LEP will send a crack Retrieval team to get back what has been lost.. You have done so. Excuse me while I titter. Crack team? Honestly. A Cub-Scout patrol armed with water pistols could have defeated them.”

Eoin Colfer
“A genius. A criminal mastermind. A millionaire. And he is only twelve years old.”

Eoin Colfer
“It's like learning to ride a unicorn. You never forget.”