Stacy's Reviews > The Fallen Queen

Dec 05, 11

bookshelves: from-publisher-author
Read from November 06 to 07, 2011

3.5/5 stars

I am going to start out by admitting that I am not a fan of the books cover. I was hesitant to read the book because the cover and I'm glad I was contacted to review it and looked into it a little more or I would have never picked up THE FALLEN QUEEN. I also usually tend to tray away form books on Angels and Demons but the blurb was interesting enough to catch my eye. I'm not big on religion and stuff in my Fantasy so Im happy to report that the book was not all religion and bible like.

In THE FALLEN QUEEN the Angels represent the noble class and Demons are part of the low level class. Anazakia is part of the ruling family and one night while she was out her whole family was slaughtered by her cousin. She ends up being hidden away and taken to earth (becoming fallen) by Belphagor and another low class fallen. There journey into hiding is long, dangerous and exhausting as they are left hiding at ever turn from the new evil that has taken Anazakia's rightful place in heaven.

I felt that Jane did a great job with conveying the emotions in all situations that Anazakia and her companions face. The world building was imaginative and well executed. The plot full of Action, adventure, love, loss and suspense. A lot happens from the start to the end of the book and I did not find myself getting bored. There were some points that I was a bit confused about the events that were taking place or who was supposed to be doing what but It was easy to get back on track before to long. Azazakia still has a long road ahead of her by the end of the book and I will be following along with MIDNIGHT COURT when it comes out.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fallen Queen.