Amanda's Reviews > Cruel Love

F 50x66
Nov 11, 2011

liked it
Read on November 11, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Ariana Osgood's character was well written and sculpted. She was simply a narcissist and a sociopath. She was a strange sociopath insomuch that she did feel a twinge of guilt or felt it necessary to avenge her own murders.

I feel so bad that she murdered Kiran when she really didn't need to; all her victims did not need to meet their end at the hands of a psychotic teen who feels sorry for her own mistakes in life.

As much as I wanted to give this book 4 stars, I'm giving it a three because I docked one star for the bad ending. I really enjoyed reading the character development of Ariana Osgood. She is a meticulous, callous and psychotic human being. I did sympathize with her a few times, but I felt myself seething after she kept killing and killing. However, I was disappointed in the ending.

I wanted Ariana to get what she deserved--to get caught and pay for her deeds. I didn't want her to go softly in her sleep with a happy thought that Noelle was still her friend. I wanted her victims (all 8 or so of them) to have justice. The ending severely messed up the excitement of all the other books.

Even though Ariana died, her peaceful death (when I say peaceful, I mean she dies in her sleep ohoho) does not give justice to any of her victims or any of the misconducts she's done over the last year. I did not feel any sort of remorse for Ariana and the only feeling I had after reading was disappointment and feeling bad for all the people she fooled. I didn't get any sense of closure from the ending. It was terrible.

On a whole, this series was much more fast paced and no too much filler.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cruel Love.

18.0% "That's like what, 5 first-degree murders now? The electric chair will be waiting for you."
67.0% "I'm getting antsy for this to end how I hope it'll end."