Holly's Reviews > Warm Bodies

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warm Bodies.

Quotes Holly Liked

Isaac Marion
“Writing isn't letters on paper. It's communication. It's memory.”

Isaac Marion
“There is no ideal world for you to wait around for. The world is always just what it is now, and it's up to you how you respond to it.”

Isaac Marion
“If there are rules, we're the ones making them. We can change them whenever we want to.”

Isaac Marion
“I want to change my punctuation. I long for exclamation marks, but I'm drowning in ellipses.”

Isaac Marion
“I'm not a general or a colonel or a builder of cities. I'm just a corpse who wants not to be.”

Isaac Marion
“You should always be taking pictures, if not with a camera then with your mind. Memories you capture on purpose are always more vivid than the ones you pick up by accident.”

Isaac Marion
“What's the point of trying to fix a world we're so briefly in?”

Isaac Marion
“We are where we are, however we got here. What matters is where we go next.”

Isaac Marion
“...wanting change is step one, but step two is taking it.”

Isaac Marion
“In my mind I am eloquent; I can climb intricate scaffolds of words to reach the highest cathedral ceilings and paint my thoughts. But when I open my mouth, everything collapses.”

Isaac Marion
“I crush her against me. I want to be part of her. Not just inside her but all around her. I want our rib cages to crack open and our hearts to migrate and merge. I want our cells to braid together like living thread.”

Isaac Marion
“We smile, because this is how we save the world.”

Isaac Marion
“But it does make me sad that we've forgotten our names. Out of everything, this seems to me the most tragic. I miss my own and I mourn for everyone else's, because I'd like to love them, but I don't know who they are.”

“And yet ...

But what if ...

I want to do something impossible. Something astounding and unheard of. I want to scrub the moss off the Space Shuttle and fly Julie to the moon and colonise it, or float a capsized cruise ship to some distant island where no one will protest us, or just harness the magic that brings me into the brains of the Living and use it to bring Julie into mine, because it's warm in here, it's quiet and lovely, and in here we aren't an absurd juxtaposition, we are perfect.”

Isaac Marion
“There is a chasm between me and the world outside of me. A gap so wide my feelings can't cross it.”