Laurel Bradshaw's Reviews > Stalking Susan

Stalking Susan by Julie Kramer

I think the hype for this book was a little optimistic. I did not find it "dazzling", "chilling", or even particularly suspenceful. It mixes elements of a procedural mystery with some romantic suspence. There is humor mixed into the darker elements. I wouldn't call this a "cozy" but it was a nice, light, fast-paced read. The characters are moderately appealing, and Twin Citians will enjoy the "insider" knowledge of the area, and details of local events like the collapse of the I35 bridge. The author is a former news reporter, which leant a great deal of authenticity to her main character, but I found all the insider TV stuff a bit distracting. I guess the story is more character-driven than mystery-driven. It will be interesting to see what my book club has to say about it.

Description:
Inside the desperate world of TV news, a reporter discovers a serial killer is targeting women named Susan. Riley Spartz is recovering from a heartbreaking, headline-making catastrophe of her own when a Minneapolis police source drops two homicide files in her lap. Both cold cases involve women named Susan strangled on the same day, one year apart. Riley sees a pattern between those murders and others pulled from old death records. As the deadly anniversary approaches, she stages a bold on-air stunt to draw the killer out and uncover a motive that will leave readers breathless.

Series info:
3. Silencing Sam
4. Killing Kate
5. Shunning Sarah
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stalking Susan.