Sarah's Reviews > Foreign Correspondence: A Pen Pal's Journey from Down Under to All Over

Foreign Correspondence by Geraldine  Brooks

Jan 03, 09

bookshelves: non-fiction, library-books, women-authors, australian-authors, 2009-reads
Read in January, 2009

I would have liked more details on her transition to being a war correspondent although the pen pal theme resonated with me and my desire as a young girl to travel the world.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Foreign Correspondence.

01/02/2009 page 78
01/02/2009 page 78
35.94% "Working through it... pretty good but I was a terrible correspondent due to my refusal to have stamps and envelopes nearby."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie This book has been on my list for some time for that very reason, Sarah. I read one of my mother's Danielle Steele (!) novels when I was about 12 and became determined to be a foreign correspondent. Years later I even won a scholarship from my parents' employer with an essay all about my desire to work as a bureau chief in Latin America. Aside from that, I've read two other of Geraldine Brooks' novels (Year of Wonders and March) and both were quite excellent. She really is an interesting woman.